Paragon’s Test Research and Development unit is responsible for designing, developing, and conducting research on the company’s tests of English proficiency and other content areas as they emerge. In support of the company’s overall mission, the Test R&D unit’s mission is to develop and produce innovative, valid, fair, accurate, and high quality assessments through collaboration among the unit’s members and with its many stakeholders.
The goals of the unit are as follows:
- To continue strengthening the validity of all Paragon’s assessments
- To ensure the security and integrity of all Paragon’s assessments
- To develop an expert team that can rapidly develop and deploy new assessments while improving the quality of current products
- To develop and operate flexible, robust measurement systems that can readily integrate and deliver new assessments
- To establish the identity of Paragon’s assessments as Canadian tests through collaboration with key stakeholders throughout Canada
Paragon is dedicated to sharing the research on its English language testing program with users of its tests.
The University of British Columbia and Paragon Partnership
The University of British Columbia (Vancouver Campus), Faculty of Education, Office of the Provost, and Paragon Testing Enterprises (a subsidiary of The University of British Columbia) formed a partnership in September 2015 that will enhance UBC’s standing as a global leader in research and graduate student training in the field of the statistical science of measurement. Psychometrics is the pillar of Paragon Testing’s business and UBC is the pillar in psychometrics in Canada, creating much value to both organizations. This initiative is led by Professor Bruno Zumbo, who is named the holder of the newly created “Paragon UBC Professorship in Psychometrics and Measurement”.
The UBC-Paragon partnership will provide student financial support and an opportunity for graduate students focusing on psychometrics to interact with international leaders in testing and language assessment.
Collaborate with Paragon
Paragon encourages and financially supports collaborative research relationships with professional researchers and graduate students. Make a selection below to find out who can apply, how to apply, the financial support offered, the adjudication procedure, the evaluation criteria, and the timelines.