Preparing for the CAEL Assessment? We have what you need!
With the CAEL Preparation Pack, learn about the format of the CAEL Assessment, discover test taking tips and strategies, build your academic vocabulary, develop your essay writing skills and improve your language use. All four courses include fillable PDF worksheets and can be conveniently accessed on your computer, and are designed to help you get the score that you need on the CAEL Assessment.
Key features of the CAEL Preparation Pack:
- 4 complete practice tests with answer keys
- Overview of the format of the CAEL Assessment
- Test taking tips and strategies
- Essay writing guidance
- Sample essays from real test takers
- Vocabulary building activities
- Lessons on grammar and sentence structure
- 25+ worksheets to develop your academic language skills
The CAEL Preparation Pack is suitable for self-directed study by individual test takers, as well as for classroom use, and purchasing the Preparation Pack allows you to access these materials for three months. The courses are fully computer delivered and include fillable PDF worksheets that can be saved by the user.
Note: This product is not compatible with tablets or cell phones.
Paragon Testing Enterprises is pleased to announce the opening of a new office in Toronto. This new office, located in the heart of Toronto’s downtown core, is minutes away from the Royal Ontario Museum and the University of Toronto. In this new location, Paragon will be able to better serve the test takers, test centres, and users of our tests that are located in central and eastern Canada. Our new office, located at 180 Bloor Street West, will be home to several new Paragon staff, and will offer the following:
- Services for walk-in customers who wish to register for tests
- Study materials for CELPIP tests and the CAEL Assessment
- A testing centre where CELPIP and CAEL tests will be administered
With an expected opening in the early fall of 2016, we are eager to welcome test takers to our Toronto office, where we will bring our standard of excellence in service to our customers, test centre partners, and users of our tests.
Looking for more CELPIP practice? Help has arrived!
CELPIP Online Practice Tests, Set 5, are here to help you prepare for your CELPIP Test.
Each CELPIP Practice Test includes:
- Two complete practice tests
- Instant Listening and Reading Scores
- Performance Standards for the Writing and Speaking Tests to help you understand how the CELPIP Test is rated
- Timers for each section
These practice tests can be accessed on desktops, laptops, and in our CELPIP Practice Test App, which is available for Apple and Android tablets.
Price for CELPIP Online Practice Tests, Set 5:
- CELPIP-General: $35.00 + tax
- CELPIP-General LS: $25.00 + tax
Have a free online practice test on us!
All CELPIP account holders can access all-new, free online practice tests, delivered directly to their accounts. If you do not have a CELPIP account, register today to access these free online practice tests.
The free online CELPIP practice tests, for CELPIP-General and CELPIP-General LS, each include:
- One complete practice test
- Listening and/or Reading Test score conversion charts, to help you understand how each section of the CELPIP test is rated
- Timers for each section
To access your free online practice test, simply sign in to your CELPIP account, visit the Study Materials page, add the practice tests to your cart, and check out. You will not be charged, and the practice tests will be added to your account instantly.
Bundle and save with our Online Practice Tests!
When you purchase the CELPIP-General or CELPIP-General LS practice test bundles, you can save up to $30. Each bundle includes:
- Six complete practice tests
- Instant Listening and/or Reading scores
- Performance Standards for the Writing and/or Speaking Tests to help you understand how these tests are rated
- Timers for each section
These practice tests can be accessed on desktops, laptops and in our CELPIP Practice Test App, available on Apple and Android tablets.
Prices for CELPIP Online Practice Test Bundles:
CELPIP-General: $75.00 + tax (Save $30!).
CELPIP-General LS: $55.00 + tax (Save $20!).
Plan Ahead to Avoid Delays!
Paragon Testing Enterprises has been tracking the proposed changes to the Canadian citizenship requirements. If approved, this may lead to an increase in applications for Canadian citizenship, which will lead to increased demand for language testing. Paragon believes that the changes to Canadian citizenship requirements will come into place in June 2016 or later.
In anticipation of the increased demand, Paragon is working on increasing test sittings across Canada for the CELPIP-General LS Test. The CELPIP-General LS Test is accepted by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) as proof of listening and speaking proficiency for Canadian citizenship. However, to avoid any potential long wait times in June 2016 or later, we encourage those planning on taking the CELPIP-General LS Test to take the test earlier.
Backgrounder: Overview of proposed amendments to the Citizenship Act
A comparative view of proposed amendments coming into force
Language proof for Canadian citizenship
Paragon Testing Enterprises has donated $2500 to the Canadian Red Cross to assist with the wildfire relief and recovery efforts in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
“Our thoughts are with our CELPIP test takers from Fort McMurray, CELPIP Test Centre staff from Keyano College, and all of those who have been affected by the devastating forest fires. Our thanks go out to all the fire fighters, first responders, and volunteers for their efforts and commitment to help those Albertans in need,” said Juliana Ramza, Manager of Marketing and Customer Service at Paragon.
Paragon’s CELPIP test sittings at Keyano College have been closed for the month of May until further notice.
DONATE TO THE CANADIAN RED CROSS
CELPIP Instructor Training provides instructors with thorough knowledge of the CELPIP Tests as well as useful tips and resources for teaching test preparation. This online course is ideal for instructors who are teaching a CELPIP preparation course, tutoring individual students, or seeking more information about the CELPIP Tests.
UPCOMING TRAINING DATES:
- May 5 at 1:00 p.m. PST
- June 10 at 9:00 a.m. PST
- July 8 at 9:00 a.m. PST
The fee for this 3-hour online course is $150 per participant.
Learn more about the CELPIP Instructor Training course.
Paragon Testing Enterprises is seeking participants for a new pilot study to test college and university level English language proficiency.
Participants must be a student in one of the following:
- grade 12 of high school
- their first-year of college or university
- the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Program
- the English as a Second Language (ESL) Program with an intention of transferring to a college or university
The entire pilot test will be approximately 3.5 hours and will include:
- Computer delivery at Paragon’s office in Vancouver, BC.
- Practice of the four skills: listening, speaking, reading, and writing in English in an academic context.
- Completion of a pre-test survey and post-test survey.
Participants will receive a $30 gift card to Amazon.ca and a test score!
Find out more about the Paragon Pilot Test Project and how to register as a participant.
Paragon Testing Enterprises is now accepting research grant applications for 2016.
Paragon Research Grants are intended to nurture research relationships between Paragon’s Test Research and Development unit and experts in the field of measurement and language assessment. The purpose of the collaboration is to contribute to:
- the collection of validity evidence for Paragon’s tests, and
- the development of new methods, approaches, and concepts that can advance the field of measurement and language assessment.
Paragon’s tests include the Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) which consists of the CELPIP-General Test and the CELPIP-General LS Test, the Language Proficiency Index (LPI), and the Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) Assessment.
Find out more about Paragon Research Grants.