Paragon Testing Enterprises is pleased to announce the availability of research grants and awards for professional researchers and graduate students. Paragon encourages and financially supports collaborative research in the field of measurement and assessment. Make a selection below to find out who can apply, how to apply, the financial support offered, the adjudication procedure, the evaluation criteria, and the timelines.
About Research at Paragon
Paragon’s Test Research and Development unit is responsible for designing, developing, and conducting research on the company’s tests of English proficiency and other content areas as they emerge. In support of the company’s overall mission, the Test R&D unit’s mission is to develop and produce innovative, valid, fair, accurate, and high quality assessments through collaboration among the unit’s members and with its many stakeholders.
The goals of the unit are:
- To continue strengthening the validity of all Paragon’s assessments;
- To ensure the security and integrity of all Paragon’s assessments;
- To develop an expert team that can rapidly develop and deploy new assessments while improving the quality of current products;
- To develop and operate flexible, robust measurement systems that can readily integrate and deliver new assessments; and
- To establish the identity of Paragon’s assessments as Canadian tests through collaboration with key stakeholders throughout Canada.